PROPOSED VALLEYRIDE BUS SERVICE CHANGES
Thank you to everyone who provided input during on the first draft of proposed service changes to intercounty service between Ada and Canyon counties and fixed-route service in Nampa/Caldwell. We have taken this input and are updating the initial service changes proposal. The updated proposal will be posted on this website as soon as possible.
We have scheduled two open houses/public hearings to provide more information on the latest draft and collect public comment. The open houses are scheduled for 3:30-6 p.m.; the public hearings will begin at 6 p.m. The dates and locations:
- Tuesday, Sept. 12, Nampa Public Library, 215 12th Ave. S, Multipurpose Room A
- Tuesday, Sept. 19, Happy Day Transit Center, 5907 Cleveland Boulevard in Caldwell
If you cannot attend either of the open houses, you will still be able to provide feedback. Once the updated information is posted on this page, you can send your comments to Mark Carnopis, Valley Regional Transit Community Relations Manager, at mcarnopis@valleyregional transit.org, or by calling 208-258-2702. You can also provide comment via an online comment form.
The public input to the proposed service changes will be presented to the Valley Regional Transit Board at its Sept. 25th meeting. Any approved changes will be implemented in January 2018.
Here is a high-level description of the proposed changes:
Route 41 Happy Day Transit Center/Boise State
• Re-timing trips to eliminate overlap service with Route 42 between the Boise Towne Square Mall and the College of Western Idaho.
Route 42 CWI/Towne Square Mall
• Extend the route to serve Happy Day Transit Center. The Route 42 runs will be at 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Route 43 Caldwell Express
• No changes planned
Route 44 Highway 44 Express
• No changes planned
Route 45 BSU Express
• Change outbound 10:15 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. trips to start at 10:00 a.m. and 2 p.m.
The proposed changes involve modifications to the current pathways and areas served by the local routes.
DOWNLOAD A MAP THAT SHOWS ALL PROPOSED CHANGES
Route 51 and 53
• Combine both routes to a new Route 51. The new route would provide service in south Nampa (Greenhurst and 12th Avenue) and the College of Western Idaho via 16th Avenue and Garrity Boulevard. Better access to Gateway Center and intercounty services. Increase peak hour service to every 30 minutes. The first trip of the new route 51 is at 6:45 a.m. It will operate on 30-minute frequency from 6:45-8:15 a.m. and 4:45-6:45 p.m. , and 60-minute frequency from 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. The last trip will be at 7:15 p.m.
Routes 52 and 54
• Combine routes 52 and 54 to create a single route (new Route 52) in Caldwell that will provide new service to the Department of Labor and Health and Welfare office and the VA Clinic. Provide service down the Nampa/Caldwell Boulevard to south Nampa via 12th Avenue. New service to the Treasure Valley Marketplace. The first trip of the new Route 52 will be at 6:45 a.m. It will operate on 60-minute frequency between 6:45-11:45 a.m. and from 3:45-7:45 p.m., and 120-minute frequency from 11:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
• Remove service on north Caldwell loop.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ROUTE 52 MAP
• No changes
If you have any questions about the proposed changes, you can contact Mark Carnopis via email (email@example.com) or by phone: 208-860-9811.