ValleyRide Service Changes and the Opening of
Main Street Station
Several service changes to the ValleyRide bus system will be implemented beginning Monday, Sept. 26, 2016. On that same day, the Main Street Station will open up in downtown Boise. Updated route maps and schedules and other pertinent information will be posted on this page and on the individual pages for Ada County, Canyon County and Inter county routes as soon as it is available. Here are brief summaries of the changes:
Main Street Station
- The Main Street Station (MSS), is an underground transit center located underneath the Clearwater Building near the southwest intersection of Capitol Boulevard and Main Street in downtown Boise. It includes eight underground bus bays and five on-street bays located on the south side of Main Street between 9th Street and the MSS exit ramp.
- MSS will replace the on-street Transit Mall, which includes Zones 1-2 (on Idaho Street between Capitol Boulevard and 9th Street) and Zone 3 (on Capitol Boulevard between Main and Idaho).
All three zones will close once MSS opens.
- The following routes will stage inside Main Street Station: 1-6, 7A, 7B, 9, 9X 18
- The following routes will stage on Main Street outside the MSS entrance: 8X, 10, 11, 16, 17, 40, 41, 43, 44
- Minor timing changes are expected to be made to most of the ValleyRide bus routes that come into downtown Boise. Staff are currently working on the bus timings in and out of both Main Street Station and the staging area just outside the Station.
Here is a map that shows where ValleyRide buses will stage both inside and just outside the Main Street Station:
The video below provides more details about the pathways taken by ValleyRide buses both in and out of the Main Street Station:
The opening of the Main Street Station will result in some minor timing changes to many ValleyRide bus routes that come into and leave downtown Boise. Here are some other planned ValleyRide bus service changes:
Boise Bus Service
- Route 10 Hill Road will be split into two routes. Route 10 Downtown to Hill Road and Route 12 TSM/Maple Grove. The transfer point between the two routes will be the shelter on State Street just to the north of the Big Lots store in the Plantation Shopping Center.
- The Route 57 Nampa/Caldwell Flex will discontinue operation.
- The number of buses providing service for routes 51-54 will increase from two to three. This will result in more frequency The Happy Day Transit Center will become a major transfer point between the routes.
- Here are the changes in the city routes:
- Route 51 South Nampa will start at the Happy Day Transit Center (HDTC), travel to the St. Alphonsus Medical Center in Nampa and back to the transit center every hour from 6:30 a.m. and 7:17 p.m.
- Route 52 North Caldwell will start at HDTC, travel to the Canyon County Courthouse in Caldwell, and back to the transit center every hour from 6:20 a.m. to 6:52 p.m.
- Route 53 North Nampa will start at HDTC, travel to the College of Western Idaho (CWI), and back to the transit center every hour from 6:55 a.m. to 7:53 p.m.
- Route 54 South Caldwell will start at HDTC, travel to West Valley Medical Center, and back to the transit center every hour from 6:55 a.m. to 7:22 p.m.
- Route 55 CWI Shuttle will operate from 7:15 a.m. to 3:10 p.m. Monday through Friday.