Proposed changes to ValleyRide intercounty, Nampa/Caldwell fixed route service
Valley Regional Transit (VRT) recently completed a review/analysis of fixed-route service in Nampa/Caldwell and intercounty service between Ada County and Canyon County. As a result, VRT is proposing several changes to these two service categories. The changes are designed to provide new and better access to key destinations, maximize the effectiveness of existing transit resources, and improve connections between services.
Public comment is an important part of this review process. Community input will play a role in the development of final recommendations made to the VRT Board of Directors. Valley Regional Transit has scheduled two open houses to provide more details about the proposed ValleyRide bus service changes (more information below). You can also provide input via e-mail, telephone, contacting VRT staff, or by filling out an online survey.
The deadline for providing comment is Monday, August 7. Any service changes approved by the VRT Board would be implemented in January 2018.
Intercounty bus routes
The proposed changes involve timing and service adjustments. There are no proposed changes to the routes' current pathways.
Route 41 Happy Day Transit Center/Boise State
- Retime stop
Route 42 CWI/Towne Square Mall
- Eliminate 8:45 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. runs.
- Add 9:45 a.m., 2:45 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. runs.
- Consolidate two trips into one trip that leaves Caldwell at 6:45 a.m. and leaves Boise at 5 p.m.
- Change outbound 10:15 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. trips to start at 10:00 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Proposed changes to Nampa/Caldwell bus routes
The proposed changes involve modifications to the current pathways and areas served by the local routes.
- Retain the route and add service to the Treasure Valley Marketplace.
Routes 52 and 54
- Combine routes 52 and 54 to create a single route in Caldwell that will provide new service to the Department of Labor and Health and Welfare office and the VA Clinic.
- Remove service on north Caldwell loop
- Redesigned to connect north and south Nampa, between CWI campus and Walmart on 12th Avenue Road.
- Will have a transfer location to Route 51 for service to Caldwell Boulevard, Treasure Valley Marketplace and the city of Caldwell.
- Extend the route to serve the Treasure Valley Marketplace on Midland Blvd.
Click on the maps above to access larger versions. The map on the left shows the proposed new routes. The map on the right shows both the existing Nampa/Caldwell fixed-route service and the proposed new routes.
The public can provide comment in several ways:
1). Attend one of two open houses:
- Wednesday, July 26, Nampa Public Library, Meeting Room A, 215 12th Ave. South
- Thursday, July 27, Happy Day Transit Center, 5907 Cleveland Blvd. in Caldwell
The open houses will be held from 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Special accommodations: Arrangements for auxiliary aids and services necessary for effective communication for qualified persons with disabilities of language assistance requests need to be made as soon as possible, but no later than two days before the scheduled open houses. Please contact Mark Carnopis, VRT Community Relations Manager, at (208) 258-2702 if an auxiliary aid is needed.
2). Via an online survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CPQTN25
3). By contacting Mark Carnopis,VRT Community Relations Manager, at 208-258-2702 or via Email: email@example.com. The deadline for providing comment is Monday, August 7.
If you have any questions about the proposed changes, you can contact Mark Carnopis via the contact information listed above.